>> Departments/Offices >> Board of Elections & Voter's Registration >> Registration Information
>> Forms of ID Accepted at Polling Places
Showing identification at the polling place is now required. Please present one of the following:
- Valid Georgia drivers license (even if expired)
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency or entity of the U.S. government, Georgia government, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of the State of Georgia
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free Voter ID card, issued by the County Registrar's Office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS).
If a citizen does not have one of the above acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a free Voter Identification Card. An ID card can be issued at the Department of Driver services Office free of charge.
To receive a Voter ID card, the voter must provide:
- A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth
- Documentation showing the voter's date of birth
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter
- Documentation showing the applicant's name and residential address.
For more information, visit the Secretary of State website at www.sos.ga.gov