The Department of Planning and Development is updating the County’s Short Term Work Program (STWP), the implementation component of the Comprehensive Plan, as required by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) rules.
Three documents will be submitted to DCA:
· A report of accomplishments for 2009-2013;
· A plan of action for 2014-2018;
· A summary emphasizing major undertakings.
A printed copy of the documents is available for reference at the customer service desk in the Administration & Services Building, at 958 Milstead Avenue, between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Staff worked with other departments to craft these documents, based on the priorities established in the Comprehensive Plan of 2008. The public is now invited to participate and comment on the STWP.
Time will be allocated for public comment at two hearings, following a formal presentation:
· Planning Commission: Thursday February 14, 2013 at 7:00pm
· Board of Commissioners Public Hearing on Zoning: Tuesday February 26, 2013 at 9:00am
Both meetings will be held at the Assembly Hall at 901 North Main Street.
Written comments should be submitted by email or regular mail:
Mail: P.O. Box 289, Conyers GA 30012
The STWP will be sent to DCA for review and approval before being formally adopted by the Board of Commissioners.